Vs: Battery Charging

Subject: Vs: Battery Charging
From: RWM-SYSTEMS <rwmsystems@yritys.tpo.fi>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:37:33
Also, always when charging, remember safety.

There can be explosive vapours from the battery and accidents.

Maybe it is better to assembly the minus-terminal of the charger to the ground
- not direct into battery minus-pole to avoid possible sparking.

When helping with other battery, I connect plus-terminal cable first to the weak
battery then to the strong battery. After that, minus cable to the strong
battery
(helper) and finally to the ground (metal part of the engine far away from
the battery).

In this country it is almost everyday task to help somebody with battery in the

winter-time. Also planes on the frozen lakes.

Wishes,
Raimo Toivio
OH-XRT, OH-CVK, OH-BLL