rear bulkhead

Subject: rear bulkhead
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:55:49

I'm just about to bond in the rear bulkhead to the lower fuselage
moulding. I've seen in a classic fuselage prior to fitting the rear
bulkhead, builders doing a splash layup from the bulkhead onto the upper
fuselage moulding (fin) with a view to then attaching it to the upper
moulding with redux when the two canoes are joined. Anyone done it on an
XS ? If so any details, particularly about how to get the exact position
of the bulkhead in the upper moulding and how difficult is bonding in
the bulkhead when the upper moulding is on anyway?

Also some one recently said there were some tips about fitting the
torque tube in the archive - anyone any idea roughly when?

Paul Stewart  #432