Re: How to handle the fuel tank connection when going Al

Subject: Re: How to handle the fuel tank connection when going Al
From: Wilksch Airmotive <mark@wilksch.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:44:37

-----Original Message-----
    From: shaun simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
    Date: Friday, December 22, 2000 12:06
    Subject: How to handle the fuel tank connection when
going Al

    All:

    I'm considering going all-aluminum for my fuel lines (firewall-aft
only, of course) and am wondering how
    to handle the fuel tank connections.  The present arrangement has
the fuel hose nib fitting going into
    the 1" OD outlets from the tank, and the hose nib fitting clamped to
the tank using a 1.0" I.D.  fuel hose
    spanning the outlet and the fitting.  Hmm.

    How have others mounted AN fittings to the outlet?  Can it be done
without the spanning hose arrangement?

    Thanks,

    Shaun
    A207

    Don't forget to leave an entry point for Graham Singleton's new
non-invasive fuel gauge.
    We will be having ours fitted soon.  Relying on a dipstick for now.

    Cheers.......MARK WILKSCH