Re: Rudder trim tab

Subject: Re: Rudder trim tab
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:05:22
> G-BXTD doesn't appear to require any rudder trim. Had the ball been
> off-centre with hands off I would have checked the alignment of the
> instrument axis with the aircraft axis very carefully before embarking on
> fitting a trim tab (just a thought).

This is the situation we found. G-BXDY would fly and track straight and
true, but the ball was displaced off from the centre. We found that the
whole instrument panel was in fact sitting in the aircraft very slightly out
of alignment, even though all the flanges mated up with the inside of the
fuselage shell.
We rotated both the turn and slip and the artificial horizon (which was also
showing an incorrect reading) and now all is fine.

Dave Watts G-BXDY