Re: Gear Up Landings

Subject: Re: Gear Up Landings
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 08:52:52
Message text written by INTERNET:Grahamclk@aol.com
>It is easy to fit a micro-switch against the u/c lever to operate when it
moves sideways in to the down-slot to provide a warning (I prefer audible
into the headset). Indeed the RMI Microencoder provides an output which
both
tests the airspeed and does not react during lowspeed climbout.<

I have used both of these ideas. In fact with regard to micro-switches I
have used a pair so that the gear has to be down and the latch engaged
before the gear warning changes from red to green. A third switch sensing
the lever in the up position puts the lights out. Also as there have been a
few aircraft land with an outrigger not locked down I have also included
microswitches to warn of this malfunction as it is impossible to know about
it in advance otherwise.

Nigel Charles