RE: Exhaust sytem movement/Gear Up Landings

Subject: RE: Exhaust sytem movement/Gear Up Landings
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:23:01
Hi! Shaun/All
Not such a dumb thought either! Although my steed has a 3300 Jabiru I began
to have difficulty fitting the lower cowling , close inspection showed that
due to static load the top engine mounts were distressed due to the manual
not recognising that the static load was likely to cause the engine back
plate to exit the male portion of the rubber mount. This was fixed by simply
turning the assembly round. Oddly enough the distress didn't show when there
was 4.5G of test weight loaded on top of the engine but with vibration it
became a different matter.
On the question of "Gear Up Landings" I was given to understand that someone
(Test Pilot ! "no names, no pack drill") who tested the first 2200 Jabiru in
a  Mk1 Europa managed to do just that! So length of experience makes little
difference !

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  .