Re: Born free ?

Subject: Re: Born free ?
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:08:15
robh@hyperion-ef.com writes:

<< you can not assume that the entire mass of the
 stick is concentrated at a point at the top end of the stick, >>

Come come now  - if you'd bothered to check the formula I gave, I didn't !
It was taken as half way with added the proviso about the boss and grip.  I
leave to the student the triviality of adjusting the hand position and use of
sticks with odd shapes.

<<Not only must the sticks be parallel, but they must be vertical (in the
fore and aft plane) to start.>>

Wrong - merely multiplies all the arms by cos of the tiltback - the ratio in
the formual is unaffected.

<<Note that this technique will determine static friction>>
Of course, and that's what stops the servo responding correctly.

But let's not use the forum for quibbles. I think the original was adequate
for most.

Graham C.