Re: Effect of Propeller Blades on Engine Cooling

Subject: Re: Effect of Propeller Blades on Engine Cooling
From: Ed <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:52:55
Guys

Cheers

Ed

South East London Flying Group
http://www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm

      Hi Folks

      Yes indeed, I too have been following this subject. We have elected to put
the Jabiru 3300 on the front of our aeroplane, and have shown on our updated
web site some installation information for anyone tempted with this power plant.
We have elected to go for a fixed pitch wooden two blade prop as this is what
Alan Bowden is using successfully on his europa in Australia. My view is that
there is enough to worry about with a new a/c, without having to worry about
cooling and the adjusting the prop. However, I only have 120 hours in total
so I would say that wouldn't I !! I believe that there are only a few hundred
hours on the 3300 too, so that is another reason to keep the setup as simple
as possible. When I have more confidence with the engine, engine cooling,
tortional
vibration not destroying the prop and my ability to fly the plane, I too
will upgrade to a VP prop if the other members of the group want to.

      http://www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm

      Keep up the good work

      Eddie

      South East London Flying Group