RE: Wanted: LRI

Subject: RE: Wanted: LRI
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:37:51
I have installed the same AOA device in my XS wing but, alas, have yet to
fly the aircraft.  Since PSS have only a rather broadly defined area as a
recommended location for the ports in the Europa wing, I suggest that you
"publish" the locations for your installation.  Here is where I elected to
locate mine (remember, those of you considering the installation, mine is
not tested, and the location was dictated by how far into the wing I could
reach from a cutout in the wing tip; said cutout is for the strobe/position
light unit):

The port on the top surface of the wing is located 6 inch / 152 mm forward
of the leading edge of the wing spar, and 12-5/8 inch / 321 mm inboard of
the win tip, or  alternatively the port is 126-5/8 inch / 3216 mm, measured
outboard from the inboard surface of the root rib.  The port on the lower
surface is 3 inch / 76 mm inboard of the port on the top, at the same
chordwise location.  According to PSS the top port location has a greater
influence on the performance of the AOA indicator..

For more information: http://www.angleofattack.com/

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070