Corrosion Proofing

Subject: Corrosion Proofing
From: Vanessa Summerhill <vanessa.summerhil@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:55:28
Dear All,
               Having just received the wing and fuselage kits for our XS
Tri-gear, we have lots of steel and aluminium parts that would benefit from
some corrosion protection before being assembled. We've been considering
Alochrom 1200 for the alloy parts but does anybody know if an Alochrom
surface is bondable? If not, what are the alternatives and what have other
builders used on the steel components? I'm thinking mostly about the control
runs fitted in the cockpit module which will be inaccessible after the
cockpit module is fitted into the fus.

Vanessa & Keith Summerhill. #450