RE: info: Katana landed out with 912 engine failure.

Subject: RE: info: Katana landed out with 912 engine failure.
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 00:18:05
You are right when it comes to abuse in the training fleet. The most
frequently replaced parts on these planes is the gear-box and clutch. Must
be the result of all that yanking of the throttle for all those practice
engine-outs. Then it's rebuilding those carbs.... seems like they are always
fiddling with those. Luckily with liquid-cooled heads shock cooling is not
an issue. I'm always concerned that other renters may exceed the max rpm for
5 minutes spec (the Katana has a constant speed prop). Who knows what that
does to the innards.

I'll post more when/if I get it...

Cheers,
Pete