Re: Icom Batteries again!!

Subject: Re: Icom Batteries again!!
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:28:11
>Are there any electronic experts out there??. I want a trickle charger for
>this pack, similar to the one that I use on my Futaba radio for ther Radio
>Control models, does anybody have an idea where I could get one for this
>unit. The output on the pack is 12 volts, 600ma.

Go buy any 12v wall-wart from Radio Shack or other consumer electronics
supplier. Fit with plug to fit your radio. Clip one of the wires in the
connection cord and measure the current flow while plugged into your radio's
charger jack. If over 50-60 milliampers, put resistors in this gap to
lower it to that value. This will give you a duplicate capability for
the 12-14 hour recharge power supplies that have been offered with
ni-cad powered systems for decades.

BTW, you can also have the pack reubilt with Ni-Mh cells at up to
1600 mAh. See:

 http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage3.htm

Then you need to adjust your wall-wart for 150-175 mA.

     Bob . . .
     ( Knowing about a thing is different than  )
     ( understanding it. One can know a lot     )
     ( and still understand nothing.            )
     (                     C.F. Kettering       )
           http://www.aeroelectric.com