Re: Aerofoil Type Pitot Head.

Subject: Re: Aerofoil Type Pitot Head.
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 07:23:17
<< I bought one of these and have fitted it in the Europa recommended position,
but G-PTAG's ASI is reading 100kts when flown alongside G-KITS at 115kts. I
stood
it on about a 3" high aerofoil plinth.(Will need to do a GPS timed run since
G-KITS may be "off tune"!) If some other builder has found an accurate position
I could do to bend your ear please.?>>

Bob,
  UM has one of these pitot heads, which look very similar to the Piper ones
under
their wings.
 Mine is fitted without standoff extension in the Europa-recommended position
and
works fine, with a slight tendancy to overread by a couple of knots flaps down
and underread by a couple of knots flaps up. Lots of ASI checks show it to
be only about 3 knots out at 120kt, and almost spot on below about 80kt with
no problems as the stall is approached.

chus,
dave
g-bxum