Bid strap on the spar

Subject: Bid strap on the spar
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:13:33
Hi all,

I know I should not be in the business of trying to second guess the
designer but I am really pondering the purpose of the bid strap in the
middle of the spar.  My guess is that under extreme load conditions it may
be possible for the wing to come off the starboard pin.

If my guess is right would it be simpler to just put another pip pin in
similar to the port pin.  Another alternative is to redux a nut onto the
starboard side bush and screw the starboard pin in a couple of threads.  I
am just a bit curious and I'd be interested in others comments.

Regards,  Paul (363)