Re: Wilksch Diesel

Subject: Re: Wilksch Diesel
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:54:50
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
"Wilksch Airmotive" <engineering@wilksch.com>

>I derive from reading the press reports that Wilksch have developed a
>marketing agreement with Europa Aviation.

There is an informal agreement but no final decission on who will do the
engine installation kit.
I will be talking to Europa/Liberty abou this again soon.

>Will/have Europa been evaluating this engine and thus how soon may Wilksch
>Diesel engines in firewall forward kits be available from Europa?,

Most of our orders are for Europas, so we will be making sure that the
installation is fully developed and available by end 2001.

>Has any other Europa aircraft apart from G-WWWG been fitted a Wilksch
diesel
>yet, is an independent view of this engine available, or is it still in
>testing/prototype status.

Only G-WWWG flying so far.   This is with a prototype engine with permit to
test (not yet full permit to fly).
John Brownlow, Ivan, Bill and others will get to fly it so there will be
considered opinions available.

The first production representative engines will be built and tested from
early next year.
These will require a rework of the engine mount which we will then make
available.
The proto engine and mount will only be fitted to G-WWWG.

G-WWWG used elecyric VP prop from MT.  Production engine will use hydraulic
VP (customers choice).

>I see the 2001 quota of engines has been reserved and reservations for 2002
>are currently being taken. Are any list members intending to fit diesel's
in
>2001??
>
>I'm still in the planning stage of my homebuilt, but i'm quite impressed by
>this engine and personally would prefer a diesel to a petrol based engine.
>Although the way it's going i'm not looking to make an engine purchase till
>at least 2004!!!

I hope the above answers/comments are informative.

Mark Wilksch
Wilksch Airmotive
www.wilksch.com