Re: Records

Subject: Re: Records
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:06:06
Hi Tony,

Apart from matching the 912UL altitude of 10,000 ft (twice), I would like to
add 'hottest take-off temperature' to your list. I've just returned from an
hours flying and it was 101 deg F when I departed. I landed just after sunset
and it was 98 deg F. Just in case you are wondering todays high was 106 deg
F. This is the 22nd day of 100+ temperatures in August.

With me on board, half tanks and 70 kt, the climb was a respectable 700 fpm
or so at 1,500 ft AGL.

Fortunately it is not particularly humid so once I got up to around 4,500
feet the air coming into the vents and exiting through the landing gear
handle slot didn't feel to bad and kept me relatively 'cool'.

Regards
Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita, Kansas