RE: Tie rods for securing the plane to trailer.

Subject: RE: Tie rods for securing the plane to trailer.
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:14:56
Hi! Erich.
Excited about G-PTAG flying ?  I think it will actually be an anti-climax
after all the damn hassle, and it's not over yet, don't hold your breath !
To think I once couldn't understand  why I was referred to as "BRAVE" in a
previous Europa Club Flyer magazine ?!
I've just had an epistle from Nigel Hutcheson-Brooks in OZ. About their
experimental status operation. It looks quite attractive to me , lets face
it no one in their right mind would wish to fly in a mount that is obviously
going to fall from the sky.
If an engineering solution to such as an engine mount looks right to the
greater proportion of "old hand  experienced engineers" ( some of them
trained Rolls Royce Jet/Turbine Repair Investigation Engineers !) it is
quite likely safe beyond belief.
Accepted that if it involves new state of the art GRP technology then
serious calculations have to be employed ,albeit by "wet behind the ears
Juniors".
There has to be a better way than our system in the UK. There should some
way of classifying the builder prior to commencing the Home Build Project so
the Butcher and Baker and Candle Stick Maker etc. get more supervision than
the qualified engineer thereby putting the emphasis on the less competent
people getting  better and more engineering support  where it's needed.

Mind you what am I saying we may even finish up with TWO PFA's !!!!!!?????

You will hear the sigh of relief from here when the bloody project is
complete, rest assured.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Kit 337.
PS. Even whilst I write a further likelyhood is that the trike nose wheel
will have to come out to apply a mandatory mod. Which I'm told will involve
removing the bungee to get it out. !!!!!