Re: Interior Spray Paint

Subject: Re: Interior Spray Paint
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:33:16

<< Anyone out there have any experience (durability, ease of application) of
 Zolatone products.

I purchased one quart of Zolatone for $22 at an auto parts store.  It needs a
fairly crude (cheap) sprayer for application;  e.g. the bypass type used to
paint houses.  The paint is very easy to apply, seems quite durable, and
dries fairly quickly.

Painting was done in the driveway on a windless day and took only a couple of
minutes per piece.  The rapid transition on my panel from dull grey to
finished look was startling.  It was also used to finish the "D" and some
other smaller pieces..  A friend used some of the leftover to finish the
baggage compartment on his Pitts and was quite happy with the result also.
And there's still a bit of the quart left in case of a repair in the future.

One drawback to use on the panel top is that the white flecks may show up as
reflections on the windshield; I'm not flying quite yet so can't say whether
this is a problem.

One caution: it seems to loosen a bit due to water, at least in the first few
days.  I put some masking tape on it and washed a small area next to the tape
a couple days after application. Water leaked under the tape and when the
tape was pulled some flecks of paint came off.

John   A044