Re: Getting it on the trailer....

Subject: Re: Getting it on the trailer....
From: William S. Stewart <bill@helixsys.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:08:10
I had the same problem getting the airplane up on the trailer.  I bought a
cheap boat trailer winch, attached it to a side rail behind where the
tailplane goes, got a rope and pulley.  The pulley has a small wire loop
which I can drop over the hitch handle, the rope is tied to the tailwheel
spring, and it winches up very easily.

Bill Stewart, N6LB

----------
> From: MJKTuck@cs.com
> Subject: Getting it on the trailer....
> Date: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 10:29 PM
>
> Getting it on the trailer ....
>
> In order to get my Europa into its trailer so I could take the wings off
for
> its 50 hour (and coincidentally) annual check, I remembered just how
> seemingly impossible it is without the use of two other people - two to
push,
> one to keep the wings steady.
>
> I have an original aluminum trailer and the slope of the ramp is very
steep
> so I cannot believe anyone can do this on their own - but some must I
guess
> as they do not have the advantage of hangarage. Am I missing a trick?
>
> There must be an optimum slope that one can push up with no problem and
this
> could be in the form of an add on wooden ramp which one could fit to the
> trailer ramp to lessen its slope. Anyone done this? Anyone got any
> suggestions?
>
> Oh, and tonight in our efforts, somehow the tailwheel (XS style) squeued
and
> jumped over  the wall of the I beam. Fortunately although it sounded
awful it
> landed on one of the wing spar mounts where it joins the frame, at the
base
> of the rudder spar/closeout where the glass is particularly thick inside.

> Although causing a dent by crushing the internal foam it shows no sign of

> damage internally although I noticed the exterior skin cracked slightly.
OK