Re: Isaac Porat

Subject: Re: Isaac Porat
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 22:31:16
>I hear from Tim Houlihan (who spoke with nursing staff today by phone)
>that Isaac Porat is making "satisfactory" progress, and is now able to
>have visitors. He's in Ward 122 of the City General Hospital (I think
>that's in the same complex in Stoke-on-Trent as the North Staffs). You
>should be able to get visiting details on 01782 715444.

Hello folks, yes it is me. Still quite a way to go on the recovery but
almost 100 % positive. I have one more op to be done. Remodel my eye socket
then when the eye ball is stable in the right position a lens glued in, (
hopefully as easy as a cataract rectification). No guarantees but looks
positive.
I'm very weak still have lost over 2 stone , nearly all the muscle I use to
just stay upright, or walk. Initially painfully slow but a rapid
improvement after the first week. I guess one month has given me 35 % back
to normal.I hope for at least 90 back to old condition.
One thing I must emphasize. The many many Emails from all round our lovely
planet gave me that extra piece of confidence that was exactly what I
needed after the surgeons had done their best.
The other thing is that Europa mate (same farm strip) Jon Tye who saw the
accident went into instant overdrive, organised air ambulances, voluntarily
financed here, note, so we were both on the theater table   in less than an
hour. The para medics were super, not that I remember anything.)
The Trauma unit not too far away was the best in the country. National
Health ervice, would you believe and must be as good as anywhere in the world.
There is, I now know, what these guys call the golden hour. If they get you
in there care in that fist hour or so, there's a fair chance of complete
recovery.
Exhausted now so I'll send this. I don't expect to be very active for awhile.
Anyone with outstanding orders please just remind me. Can't promise instant
response but it will happen.
Thanks again to all of you.
BTW, I saw Isaac today, he is now in his feet at last but has been making
positive progress. good signs.

GRaham