RE: Mystery Piece Theater Revisited

Subject: RE: Mystery Piece Theater Revisited
From: ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:27:56
Hi! Steve.
Re:- Fuel tank Vent.
I have F09B quoted in my manual Page 16-5 1st December 1996. I don't think
it was affected by the water drain mod.
However whilst you are at this stage it may help you to investigate a
forthcomming problem. vis:- I had to retro fit the rear lift pin socket
connecting  cross tube  mod.
and to drill the holes into the plywood wedge pieces which attach the cross
tube to the rear tank bulkhead which lies under the main filler boss is just
about impossible.(I had to burn mine through with a redhot welding rod) I
don't know what you can do in advance because it  needs to be aligned with
everything in place, so I may be causing you some unnecessary hassle .
However you will certainly need to drill the holes from underneath before
you put the trike main landing gear socket webs in place unless you resort
to my kind of tactics !
Regards
Bob Harrison Kit337 Europa/Jabiru 3300 G-PTAG