Later & Slower builders

Subject: Later & Slower builders
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:01:16
Cheers:
        As a slow builder (I've found) and not one of the earlybirds, I am
fearful of missing construction hints and warnings of those who went
before. Oh, well, you can dredge up the early months and sift through
miles of chat, hoping yours is the same model/parts, then check back
issues of that clever Flyer mag for repeats, etc. then go through the
last lot of topical messages - before tackling  the next hurdle.
first-timer at composite skills), is to get a series of suggestions from
those who are kind enough to recall their particular triumphs and pass
'em on. Then a short riffle through the Euro Flyer, and the plans are
laid.
        I am at the stage of preparing the cockpit module for mating with the
bottom 'canoe' so am re-arranging the room to accomodate. I have kept
fairly complete records of time spent on each manual page - and hope you
have too.
        So here's the request:
Please note your type of cockpit (mine's an early XS mold), wings (mine
are old composite) and any other specific mods (Tailwheel, heavyweight,
etc) so that we can keep parallel thoughts - whenever you give or
receive hunts and kinks. Sometimes tips on rudder cables don't apply in
all cases for instance. Manual page numbers/issues are often valuable.
        Anyway, thass my crusade for the day, and
Happy Landings,
Ferg #A064