Ground proximity detector

Subject: Ground proximity detector
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 05:14:26
I have at last got around to adding a gliding tone circuit  to the acoustic
radar under the fuselage (to replace the fixed threshold output the kit
normally provides).  From 1.5m down it generates a tone descending from 1kHz
towards zero. Few components are needed but unfortunately I have used a
component "from the box"  which I now discover comes up as "obsolete" in the
catalogues to which I have access. This may make it difficult to acquire.

So does anyone know an equivalent to the Signetics 566 chip ?  It is a CMOS
voltage controlled oscillator which takes an input in the range from 12.5 v
to 7.5 volts to give the required frequency change.

Graham Clarke G-EMIN