Re: Aileron mass ballance brouhaha

Subject: Re: Aileron mass ballance brouhaha
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 08:55:47
Hi Steve,

If you take a look at http://pma.obtero.net/dec-99.html you can see how I
went about it.  I made up several foam blocks before I was satisfied with
the result.  I also made up a dummy profile for the lead block to get its
shape correct.

Their is way too much lead in the weight, even after I had generously
trimmed it down I had to drill a lot of holes in it to get it to balance.
This is quite a slow operation in lead. I seem to remember that my weight
ended up being around 650 grams.

Regards,  Paul