Tail Twist

Subject: Tail Twist
From: William McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:31:04
To all,

I have a twist clockwise or to port in my rear fuselage (under
construction).  Also the starboard side of the lower fuselage half tail
surface is curved in more than the port side making the centerline
between the two crossed for centering the torque-tube and also the line
between the two front flange (for gluing to the upper fuselage half)
corners are not horizontal or level.  This is before and after I fix the
distance between the points as the manual stipulates.  As I am
installing the tail bulkhead I am concerned that if I epoxy it in place
without correcting this twqist, I will make the twist more permanent.
My plan is to epoxy with the tapes only the starboard lower quadrant of
the bulkhead in place, then manually twist the fuselage to correct
position and then epoxy the rest of the bulkhead in place, thus not
making the deformity/twist permanent.

Has anyone had this problem?  Has anyone successfully corrected this
twist?

Thanks,
Bill McClellan  A164