off airport transport

Subject: off airport transport
From: Jamesmcdia@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:15:38
Has anybody out there invested in some portable ground transportation to
complement the Europa?
We all know it is very frustrating and expensive to rent a car or hire a
taxi, particularly at remote destinations.
As far as I can see the choices are as follows:

    Folding bicycles    - relatively cheap and light, high nerd factor but OK
for short distances
    Electric battery powered scooters (goped etc...)  - very cool but don't
appear to be very stable - also are they legal on the road?
    Folding minibike (di Blasi)  - looked very nice at Oshkosh last summer
but very pricey and would it fit inside the europa baggage bay?

    I would be very interested to hear the experiences of anybody who has
tried any of the above before I take the plunge,

    James McDiarmid  G-BWRO