Re: Europa Questions Again

Subject: Re: Europa Questions Again
From: Trevor Dance <106305.2117@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:30:35
Hello,

The Latest Europa video with aerobatics most definately was filmed over
Yorkshire in the UK.

My USA demo in 1996 with them involved rolls as did the one last year in
the XS over Yorkshire
having said this, a 707 was capable of a 1g roll, hardly aerobatics reall
y.

The problem does not seem to be the Aircraft but the country, the
constrictive regulation, closing of airfields and general anti-aviation
attitude is one reason I left England and moved to New Zealand where I wi
ll
build a Europa some time in the not too distant future.

Having seen pictures of the incredible G loading tests that were done
statically with weighted sacks on the wings, I feel confident that the
wings are not going to fall off under the Aerobatics carried out in the
sportsman category. However, I would be interested in what Europa conside
safe both according to the regs and according to engineering logic.

Regards
Trevor Dance
Auckland NZ