First Flight

Subject: First Flight
From: Mark Chetwynd-Talbot <markt@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:52:16
I am thrilled to report that G-CHET (XS Tri-Gear 914) flew for the first
time from Wombleton aerodrome in the capable and cool hands of Andy Draper
today, 17th January 2000 - temp +1C!. At 4.15pm Andy took off, with the sun
slipping below the horizon and the moon almost bright in the east. The 15
minute flight went without problems and Andy was well pleased on landing. It
was an almost perfect January evening, two years exactly from taking
delivery of the kit. I would like to thank Europa, and Matthew, Harry and
Andy in particular for all they have done to make this magical moment
possible. May the 5 hour test flying go quickly and smoothly. God bless Her!

Mark (Kit 376)