Re: Fuel Tank - Washing out fibres

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank - Washing out fibres
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:59:14

Hi Alan

>Has any one fitted a means of looking visable throungh a slot in the
seat back/luggage bay to see fuel tank level on the ground?<

Yes I have, and I know others have too.   I cut an appropriate slit
between, and at the back of , the seats (ie. in the luggage
compartment).   I found I had in my workshop a perspex rod approx 3/8"
dia. and 18" long which was ideal for the job and which (hopefully) will
magnify the image of the fuel level in the tank.  Carefully floxed in
place, trying not to get any goo on the perspex.   On seeing this my
inspector said: "Good idea, but why didn't you put it in front of the
seats, rather than behind"?   Doh!   Now why didn't I think of that?
If you're in the UK I think I still have a rod or two to spare and could
send you one if you want.

Regards

Lloyd.