Re: Fuel tank & systems

Subject: Re: Fuel tank & systems
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:13:10
Hi Paul and All,

In a message dated 1/1/00 6:48:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, pma@obtero.net
writes:
<<<
1.  How can I fit water drains into the system.  Do I put them in the bottom
of the tank, and if so, what type and how.>>>

Europa has a specific mod for this. Can't remember the number right off. It
involves substituting some of the original tank fittings. Also they supply an
aluminum adapter that gets reduxed to the floor, then the drain fittings are
screwed into these. This puts the hose in a 90 deg. bend that looked too high
in relation to the tank IMHO. So I acquired 2 brass 1/8" elbows and 2 hose
barbs at the auto store and used these. This keeps the hoses lying flat.  I
also put both mine under the fuel fill station on the starboard side for
convenience.

<<<4.  The manual recommends filling the tank about a month before to ensure
it
is fully expanded.  Is regular auto gas okay.  Is the alcohol additive
likely to be a problem? >>>

 I've heard you should never use alcohol additives in aircraft. Regular auto
gas is what I used.

 <<5.  I can't really assemble the wings into the cockpit module to check for
 clearance because its too darn cold this time of year.  I was going to use
 the dummy spars but I noticed that they aren't quite as thick as the actual
 spars.  Is this likely to be a problem ? >>
I never got dummies with mine. I made some out of two layers of 5/8 "plywood
screwed together. I made them long enough with the thought of maybe putting
down riggers with castors to move it around, but so far I haven't had to do
that. Not so sure that it would work yet.

Hope this helps on some of your questions.
Troy
N120EU