Re: Assembling aileron controls

Subject: Re: Assembling aileron controls
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:07:00

-----Original Message-----
From: Fillinger@aol.com <Fillinger@aol.com>
Date: Monday, December 06, 1999 5:31 AM

>When you drill the holes for the rear CS07 bearing, watch that you site
them
>so the business end of the pop rivet tool will fit down in there!  You may
>have to vary the hole positions a bit from what they call for.

If you allow too much space for the riveting tool then there`s  a chance
that the rivet heads will not clear the the back face of the  bearing.

>I found that the grease alone prevented them from being too tight
>longitudinally.  What you did to align the assemblies is the best
insurance,
>I think.

Bear (no pun) in mind that oil or grease makes Tufnol expand; by my
measurments about 0.6%. This doesn`t sound much but on a half inch wide
bearing it amounts to three thou. or 76 microns. If your bearings are set up
at a nice play-free running fit when dry you may find they go tight when
later greased.

Duncan McFadyean