Re: Another horizon?

Subject: Re: Another horizon?
From: Peter S.Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:33:10
The Seneca had antennas at each wingtip, the nose, and the tail--and
most of the aft four seat area was full of experimental gubbins.
Also--what happens if you roll upside down?

Seems to me that, unless you're inventing this just for the intellectual
challenge, you're trying to re-invent the wheel.  If I were to attempt a
project in this line, I'd more likely see if I could figure a way to use
the good, cheap, and reliable solid-state rate gyros (like the RC model
helicopter people use) to build a "poor man's AHRS."  Anyway--what if
they switch off the GPS system while you're flying IFR?