Re: resin pump problems [was: electronic scales]

Subject: Re: resin pump problems [was: electronic scales]
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:01:30
>Not to throw a monkey into the wrench, but all this talk about bubbles in
the
>resin pump throwing off the mix ratio got me to thinking.....with all the
>vigorous and lengthy mixing, doesn't air get into the mix? How do you get it
>out prior to use? Doesn't letting it set for a while decrease pot life?
>
>Not yet a builder, but hopefully soon.
>
>Mike

Air in the pipe upsets the mix ratio. Air in the resin is mostly removed by
squeegeeing the excess out and tends to wick out along the fibres anyway.
It is a problem when mixing micro. The cure is probably special anti foam
agents in the resin which may explain why bubbles are less of a problem
with Superfil.

Graham