Re: Antenna Choices

Subject: Re: Antenna Choices
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:28:27
In a message dated 11/17/99, Paul McAllister writes (in part):

> I am sure that I probably have missed one or two as well.  Some of these
> antenna's are very close to the same frequency.  Can I build a splitter to
> share them ? or do I need to find places for 6 different antenna's ?

You can share the glideslope with the NAV, using a "Triplexer" type splitter
(plus another NAV).  Works fine, as reception distance is small. You can't
share COM's, though.

It sounds like you're going for IFR.  Do you really want 1-NAV and 2-COM's?
Single-NAV IFR really sucks, with approaches where the step-downs are defined
by intersections being the most fun.  A COM with flip-flop frequencies is an
option, with a handheld for backup.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063