Another New (almost) Builder (Sweden).

Subject: Another New (almost) Builder (Sweden).
From: philip.lincoln@essnet.se
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:25:11
Hi Everybody,
I thought it was about time I introduced myself.
I'm an Europa XS Tri-gear "builder", kit #426, living here in Stockholm,
Sweden.
"Builder" as I received the (complete) kit back in May but as yet nothing has
happened. The idea had been to get underway June/July but there was too much
happening at work and the summer was too nice. I hope to get started by the
end of the year! (1999 that is). A child of '63 I'm originally from New
Zealand but have been living in Europe since 1987 (5.5 yrs Switzerland, half
year in Paris, stints in England waiting for work permits, travelled for a
year, and for the last 5 years here in Stockholm). Basically work as a
programmer (have an MSc in Computer Science from University of Auckland) for
a company that develops lottery systems (check out www.essnet.se).
I got my license 23rd March this year and on the way back into work after the
practical test celebrated by sending in the 2000:- deposit on a kit.
Currently have 67hrs (PA-28's, member of the SAS Flygklubb) and am going
through the motions for my (VFR) night rating - good to have in this part of
the world at this time of the year!
I'd basically decided for an Europa for the usual reasons (also on the short
list were RV-6A & Glasair II) but I guess it was the 40min demo flight over
the Yorkshire countryside Sept. last year (Adam Kingdom as "co-pilot") that
clinched it. I think there are about 8 Europas underway here in Sweden with
the first about to fly soon.
Joined the "Europa Club" about a month ago.
Well, enough raving for now. Looking forward to seeing some Europas at
Swedish flyins next summer (100LL / 91/96UL Avgas is about SKr 3.70; GBP
0.27; DM 0,84 a litre here!! - even cheaper at the flyins sometimes! - well
worth the trip!).

    Philip Lincoln
    ( philip.lincoln@essnet.se )