Re: Propeller Blades for 914 , In Flight

Subject: Re: Propeller Blades for 914 , In Flight
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:19:46
  Adjustable

> Hi All.
>  I am a new contributor, builder #261, Classic
 with Mod's, Rotax 914
> from "Down Under" in Oz.
> I need to decide soon on propeller and blades -=A0 at present I intend to
 use
> electric In Flight Adjustable.
>  The recent discussion on thick verses thin blades interests me
> greatly.Does anyone have good info on the best blades to use with 914 IFA?
>  Thanks, Graham Higgins.

THe question is not "thick or thin " blades but wide or narrow. ie Blade
 area.
The narrow ones supplied for the 912 do not have enough area to absorb the
power of the 912S or 914.

There are various in flight adjustables available. Make sure the company you
choose is reputable and reliable.  I use the French Arplast prop. Cheap
cheerful and it works. Not as elegantly presented  as some  but does the
 job.
The most impressive one I have seen is the Wirlwind but it is very new and I
don't know the track record. You must ask Kim Prout.

Graham