Re: Sternpost - Europa Classic

Subject: Re: Sternpost - Europa Classic
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:09:46
>Hi all-
>
>I'm about to do the fin and rudder for the classic, have Graham
>Singleton's sternpost molding, and am unsure about my next step!   My
>problem is-- the foam in the fin aft closure has been removed back to
>the factory cut.  The sternpost clearly does not fit neatly into the
>space alotted.  I will have to remove 1 to 1-1/2" more of blue foam to
>get the sternpost in place, and that will intrude into the fin aftmost
>lightening core.

Don't do that Pops! Just remove enough foam to fit the sternpost to the
fin, no more than 1/4 inch at the middle nothing at the skin, the only
difference is more curve in the sternpost to leave room for the rudder to
go full left deflection.

Then fit the assemble to the fuselage. You may find the back of the fuse is
a bit short on the right hand side. ( Early ones were ) If so build it up a
bit to match.

Graham