PFA inspection

Subject: PFA inspection
From: Jamesmcdia@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 01:00:22
FAO Andy Draper

Dear Andy,
    Hugh and I made it to Oshkosh 99 and had a fantastic time - we are very
grateful to the US office, Kim Prout, Keith Wilson and Neville for their
hospitality in sweltering conditions.
G-BWRO has now flown 37 trouble free hours in the USA and the time for annual
PFA inspection is approaching fast. I remember asking you about this before
but do you know whether there might  be any PFA inspectors in the US over the
next few months who are qualified to inspect Europas?
    Keith has asked me to write an account of our trip to Oshkosh and I will
e-mail this along with some photos over the next few weeks.
    The aircraft has aroused a lot of interest everywhere we have taken it
and there has always been plenty of help at hand for rigging/derigging.
    I have fine-tuned the Navaid wing-leveller by removing it and adjusting
the servo "range" trimpot on the printed circuit board within the servo box -
this seems to have done the trick and it tracks the programmed GPS course or
heading pretty accurately now.
    I had the Arplast PV50 dynamically balanced at Frankfort (state capital
of Kentucky) airport 2 weeks ago for $130 and there is absolutely no
vibration now.
    With the speed kit fitted we gained 7-8 knots at 4600rpm/90 C/3000ft.
Having the prop balanced has given us another few knots and the aircraft is
like a speeding bullet in the cruise. I flew up to Oshkosh again last weekend
(380nm from Louisville) via the Chicago VFR shoreline route. On the way back
we were making 145kts in silky smooth air at 4600rpm/75 C/7500ft -it was just
great.
    Hope things are OK back in Yorkshire - Missing the beer but not the
weather

            James