Re: Fw: Where to buy VHF & TX antennas?

Subject: Re: Fw: Where to buy VHF & TX antennas?
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:46:27

> Where's the best place to buy VHF and TX antennas from?=A0=A0=A0 Don't
particularly
> fancy making up my own.=A0=A0 I have the 'Advanced Aircraft Electronics
 Inc.'
> literature.=A0=A0

I made my own (not the GPS though) and they both (TXpdr & VHF) work well.
 The
best Antennas in glass airplanes are dipoles, ie no ground plane. Even in
spamcans ground planes probably don't work as well as the ground itself.
The only nigger in the woodpile is the presence of large metal objects near
the
antenna. The rudder push rod may well degrade the dipole's performance.
Even so
ours is fine but not as good as the Long EZs was. Used to pick up London
Volmet