Re: Fw: Where to buy VHF TX antennas?

Subject: Re: Fw: Where to buy VHF TX antennas?
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:33:43
I had terriffic luck with the package from Radio Systems Technology (RST).
They sell a book on making antennas, a roll of the copper tape and a bag of
torriods for twenty bucks.  Saves a ton of money and the antennas are easy
to make.  All I did was put the tape down, solder on the coax and cover with
a layer of bid.  They are also very lightweight.

It's also amazing how many antennas you need.  From this package I made;

1. Comm Antenna
2. Nav Antenna
3. AM/FM Radio Antenna
4. Marker Beacon Antenna

This dosen't count the ELT antenna, Transponder antenna, or the GPS Antenna.
  For a while I thought I needed a bigger fuselage to fit them all in!  I
have digital photos of the installed antennas - If you want them just e-mail
me separately.

Radio Systems Technologys web site is www.rst-engr.com

Bob Jacobsen
A131