Re: Pressure equalization on XS wings

Subject: Re: Pressure equalization on XS wings
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:35:15
Paul McAllister wrote:

> On page 8-11 of my manual it tells me to vent the wings for
> pressure equalization.  I really do'nt understand what they are
> asking me to do here.  It seems to me that the LE and TE sections
> of the wing can vent to each other via the wing tip.  Its there some
> area towards the root on the LE that needs venting ?

Paul,

the two outboard ribs (aft of the spar) seal  the tip, and
therefore leading edge area, from the other ribs aft of the
spar. You need to drill holes in these two ribs to allow air
to freely flow from the leading edge, thru the tip, to the holes
in the other ribs aft of the spar which have holes already cut
in them for the aileron push rod.

Terry