RE: GPS Antenna

Subject: RE: GPS Antenna
From: Watson Dave J <WatsonDJ@farnellcomponents.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:18:57
Bob,

I have been thinking about the same thing and have come to the
conclusion that the only way to do it is as you would fabricate any
inspection cover opening, this way the strength of the fuselage skin is
preserved, and you will still have a smooth outer skin for mounting the
aerial. i.e. cut away the inside skin and remove the foam, bevel the
inner foam, lay-up glass from the inner to the outer skins. Bolt the
antenna through the strengthened formed (and solid) skin.

I intend to run this past Andy at the factory before committing, just to
check the location is OK from a structural point of view.

Any more ideas?

Regards,
        Margaret & Dave
        #224 G-CUTY (Tri-gear)