Re: Flying: Fuel consumption in 'Classic' with Rotax 912.

Subject: Re: Flying: Fuel consumption in 'Classic' with Rotax 912.
From: Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:54:32
Hi Alan
You have posed a very complex question.
I have faxed you a copy of the Power settings for the Katana which shows some
interesting traits of the Rotax.

One of the most interesting things is that the relationship between power % and

fuel flow. For example 75% at 4000 ft will use only 16,3 L/hr but at 6000 ft it

will use 19,3 L/hr.

I think that the guys with the VP props will all confirm that the RPM does not

seem to effect fuel cosumption or speed nearly as much as the throttle setting.

Also, dont worry too much about reving the rotax, it prefers it and in the
Katana is recomended to run at max continuous rpm always!

Best regards

Barry