Re: Rudder Pedals/Tailplane Mass Balance

Subject: Re: Rudder Pedals/Tailplane Mass Balance
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:30:14
Two queries for the price of one:

1   I need to add some weight to my tailplane mass balance.   Probably
200gms or less.   Can anyone suggest a good way to do this?   I was hoping
to strap some sheet lead around the outer portion of the existing weight;
but my local metal shop don't stock lead.   Any ideas anyone?

2   Walking around Halfords today (UK car accessory store, for our friends
overseas), I came across some really nice anodised alloy pedals, which would
make great rudder pedals.   Just the right size too.   I've always felt the
Europa rudder pedals were a little lacking physically and aesthetically.
Has anyone experimented already along these lines and added pedals to the
existing Europa?

Regards,   Lloyd Owens.