RE: Wing Supports

Subject: RE: Wing Supports
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:33:47
If you have the XS wings, there is a thin shell for the wingtip.
The only possible place for the socket would be in the end of the spar,
about 4-5 inches under the tip. If you embed a socket in the end
of the spar, you could run a short tube from there to the shell, where
you would install a plug. The idea is to get the spar to carry the load.

This would almost certainly interfere with wingtip lights. On my wings,
I am building the lights into the front wingtip corner, (with a
third strobe on the tip of the rudder), so the socket option should
still work.

David