Re: Re: Wam 120

Subject: Re: Re: Wam 120
From: Mark Wilksch <mark.wilksch@tesco.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:38:30

-----Original Message-----
    From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
    Date: Thursday, July 22, 1999 11:24
    I'm building a Europa in California. I have to say that I agree completely
with Tony Clarry's opinion. I too will need to purchase an engine earlier than
2001 - probably around 3rd quarter 2000. Any chance?
    Sorry - not really - its an aeroplane engine we just have to get it right!
That takes time.
    Can you get by on second hand 912 until them (they'r cheap these days)?
    Also, do you have a final weight goal? It appears that the current weight is
a bit much for the Europa, at least according to what the factory says is OK,
but as you are working closely with them that will probably change. What will
the change be - a lighter engine or an increase in gross weight from Ivan?
    A bit of both - by upgrading to 1370 lbs gross we aim to have a turbine fuel
burning Europa with 500lb+ payload.
    .......Best Regards
    MARK WILKSCH
    ....however, I will contact Tony Clarry.  He's on my e-mail backlog.