Re: Nav Antennae

Subject: Re: Nav Antennae
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:13:11
> Hi there,
> Could anyone please help with the details for a VOR nav antennae. I
> understand that it is best fitted in the wings. My wings are XS wings
> therfore it will require fitting prior to the tops being Reduxed down.
>  Once embedded how is it calibrated to length or could they be inserted
> from the inboard rib as copper rods into sleeves so they can be removed and
> then reinstated following calibration?
> Do both halves go in one wing?
> What is the appropriate connector at the wing fuselage interface?
> Your assistance would be much appreciated.
> Graham Singleton has mentioned that Jim Wier may have some information on
> this, I am sorry not to have your email address if you are out there, in
> order to contact you directly.

Jim Wier runs RST Engineering at:

http://www.rst-engr.com/

I have bought his antenna kit for composite airplanes; I have not read all
the material yet, but it seems very complete and accurate.

bra-uchfu@NOSPAMpcocd2.intel.com like the artist paints his dreams on
(remove - and NOSPAM)                 a canvas"  -  Minor Detail