Nav Antennae

Subject: Nav Antennae
From: Paul A Lowe <CONSTRUCTIONDESIGNSERVICES@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:37:34
Hi there,
Could anyone please help with the details for a VOR nav antennae. I
understand that it is best fitted in the wings. My wings are XS wings
therfore it will require fitting prior to the tops being Reduxed down.
 Once embedded how is it calibrated to length or could they be inserted
---From the inboard rib as copper rods into sleeves so they can be removed and
then reinstated following calibration?
Do both halves go in one wing?
What is the appropriate connector at the wing fuselage interface?
Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Graham Singleton has mentioned that Jim Wier may have some information on
this, I am sorry not to have your email address if you are out there, in
order to contact you directly.
Totally for academic interest, inspired by the recent hot weather made me
wonder about Europas in hot climates, has any Europa been modified to fly
with the doors off as some light aircraft can, intentionally that is. Not
that I want to do it but I wondered what problems it throws up for the
plane. Not having flown in an open plane I would imagine it is quit an
exillerating experience.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul Lowe  Kit 388