Re: Advice on books

Subject: Re: Advice on books
From: HAGARGS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:27:43
Rob:

I'm in the same situation as you, Just waiting for the kit to arrive and
far:

Kitplane construction,  Ron Wanttaja
Sport Plane Builder,  Tony Bingelis
Sport Plane Construction, Tony Bingelis

In each of these three books I have found about one or two chapters to be
very informative perhaps another chapter slightly informative and the rest of
the info ho-hum for any mechanic type individual.

I have found that talking to a present builder on the phone for about 20
minutes is as good as adding a chapter of information under your belt.

The May and June editions of EAA's Sport Aviation Magazine have started and
continued with articles by By Ron Alexander on composite construction that I
have found to be on par or better than the book info.

Teaching the head however only goes so far, what is really important is
teaching the hands.  Get your layup table built and start laying up some
fiberglass so you are familiar with the routines before the plane gets there.
 Have fun!