Taxiing with flaps down

Subject: Taxiing with flaps down
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:16:28
Gents,

One of my local E.A.A. chapter's tech counselors came by to inspect the
aircraft this evening.  He's very excited about flying it (knowing full
well it will be a while yet) and had lots of positive comments about the
design...and no real negative observations about my efforts to date.
(Whew, fooled another one!)

He did have a question about taxiing with the flaps down.  Has anyone
had any problems with damage from items kicked by by the prop?  I was
guessing since there's no tires in front of the flaps they're spared any
projectiles that a tri-gear would encounter , but that's just a W.A.G.
on my part.  Any actual observations would be appreciated.

Gratefully,

Steve "Haven't screwed up the flaps...yet" Genotte
XS A126